All recognised ringing centres where ringing is taught are venues where the dissemination of good practice in the teaching of ringing can take place. The promotion and support of these centres is the responsibility of the Ringing Centres Committee which was first formed in 1993. The Committee seeks to widen the present network of centres so that ideally all ringers have easy access to a centre in their locality and encourage centres to provide a high standard of tuition at all levels and all times. Offering support and guidance to existing centres to achieve these objectives forms an important part of the Committee’s work.
Currently the Committee’s work consists mainly of promoting the setting up of ringing centres and formally recognising those who meet its standards. Increasingly the Committee is becoming orientated towards supporting ringing centres in their activities.
The Committee works closely with the Education Committee to create new ways of training the ringers of the future.
Philip Bailey (Ely Diocesan Association)
Leslie Boyce (Devonshire Guild) Chairman
Barrie Dove (Yorkshire Association)
Maureen Frost (Dorset County Association)
Paul Marshall (Worcestershire and Districts Association)
Norman Mattingley (Truro Diocesan Guild)
- 2015 Annual Report — 2016 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2014 Annual Report — 2015 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2013 Annual Report — 2014 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2012 Annual Report — 2013 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2011 Annual Report — 2012 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2010 Annual Report — 2011 Council Meeting Minutes
- 2009 Annual Report — 2010 Council Meeting Minutes
- View menu page for Council Reports from 1945 and Minutes from 1890